Happily married to Pauline, the proud father of Stephen, a grateful companion to Hank (our Golden Retriever), and a resident of Seattle.
Graduated from Annapolis Senior High School in 1969, and from the University of Michigan in 1973, with a B.A. in English. Wrote rock music reviews for The Michigan Daily.
Began a career in what was then called data processing in 1973, and progressed over the years to positions of increasing levels of responsibility in the field currently known as Information Technology. Worked for a major American aerospace company for a number of years.
Became interested in Web publishing early in the history of the World Wide Web, and have authored, published and administered a number of sites related to my varied interests.
- Notenik.net: An application and data format for note-taking
- PaganTuna.com: Blog about Technology and Leadership
- PowerSurgePub.com: Open-Source Software
- Practopians.org: A philosophy for Practical Utopians
- ReasonToRock.com: An online book about Rock music
- SoftDevBigIdeas.com: Big Ideas in Software Development
- UMSeattle.com: University of Michigan Club of Seattle
- WordsAboutSongs.com: Writings about songs that I appreciate and recommend